Not only can a beautiful custom closet make your life easier, it can also be just the feature that helps you sell your home fast when the time comes. Think back to when you were looking for a new home and how closet space fit into your home-buying decision. Small, messy, disorganized closets often suggest to potential buyers that your home might not have enough closet space. It might be time to consider customizing your closets. More Space Place of Sarasota, Bradenton, and Port Charlotte is here to help!
Custom Features that Help You Organize
If you’ve ever thought about custom closets, maybe you’re familiar with features like shoe cubbies, tie racks, and adjustable shelving systems. Customizing your storage space ensures it works perfectly for your needs and your individual lifestyle. We’re always seeking out new designs and features to help make your life easier.
- Hidden safes can be added to your custom closet design to provide security for your valuables in an unobtrusive way.
- Jewelry cabinets and drawers are an excellent addition to a custom closet system. Whether you need to organize family heirlooms or costume jewelry, these handy features keep your jewelry organized, secure, and easy to find.
- Flip top benches with storage compartments built in give you a comfortable spot to put your shoes on while providing extra storage space you didn’t know you needed.
- Lighting is essential when it comes to your custom closet. One of our More Space Place custom closet designers can help you determine exactly where light is needed and how much you should include. Between built-in LEDs, tracked lighting, recessed fixtures, or a lighted mirror at a vanity, there are many options.
- Clothing rods made of wood or metal are making a comeback as opposed to wire rods. This is, of course, a personal choice, and either style can work well. Talk to your custom closet consultant about the right choice for you.
- Center islands are great for being able to place an outfit to preview how it would look before getting dressed. If you have a walk-in closet, it can be designed around a center island that includes additional storage in the form of shelves or drawers.
How Custom Closets Add Value to a Home
The average closet often turns into a dumping ground to hide and collect clutter from the rest of the house. However, if a potential homebuyer were to see a closet in this state, they might get the idea that the home doesn’t have sufficient closet space. A custom closet gives the impression that there is enough–or even extra–storage space in a home. They’ll feel confident that they’ll be able to store everything they need comfortably in an attractive way.
Consider having your closet professionally customized. Not only will you get to enjoy the many benefits of it, but it will also add value to your home if you ever plan to sell. Contact More Space Place of Sarasota, Bradenton, and Port Charlotte today for a free in-home estimate!
Photo of home for sale: © Feverpitched